Monday, July 18, 2011

I hate my internship, I don't know what to do?

So far I have been in this internship for a month. It’s not my co-workers nor is it my boss. I like them and these people are really friendly and helpful. They are real relaxed and chill people. I’m not going to quit it, I’m going to stick it out but here’s my issue. I really feel like this is not what I want to do in the future. My boss told me the only reason I was offered this internship was because of all the applicants I had the most programming experience (I am a computer science minor and decided to get those classes out the way first before working on my major). I am a Math major, I hate programming. This internship which I did not find out until last week is a software engineering internship. Once again I hate programming. I thought it was a programming analyst position which I mention on my resume which was what I was looking for. After being slapped with that discovery, I started researching on the company to see if there are any possible jobs I could do (if I was offered a job) that does not include programming(which there isn’t), I rather analyze, work with people, and review, just hate writing code. Don’t get me wrong, I am good at programming received good greats in my C++ courses, I just hate the stressed and headache that comes with it. I’m scared that I will be offer a full time position as a software developer, because my boss and co-workers love me. I’m scared to turn it down, and in this recession, turning down a job offer is idiotic. I have no idea what to do. Any advice???

No comments:

Post a Comment