Monday, July 18, 2011

Is there anyone else who can't stand the WWE's audience reaction to Cena?

This is not a rant against John Cena, it is a rant against the (majority) of the adult male's reaction to John Cena. John Cena is not a heel, yet there are the ever present "Cena Sucks" chants. I don't care if you dislike John, it is your opinion in which you are entitled to. I almost always cheer for the "good guy" unless sheamus is involved (for some reason I like him). John Cena's character currently plays the face and has for years. In a recent rivalry with the Miz and in the current rivalry with R-Truth John Cena is "booed" by the male audience. I'm fine with that but the thing that is starting to irritate me is that the heels are getting cheered. For an example the Miz has few fans now with his rivalry with A-Ry but he had alot more when he had a rivalry with Cena. R-Truth has not only thrown a drink into the face of an audience member but has also stolen a Cena hat from a child. Yet, you will not hear the male audience chant "R-Truth sucks" but they will in fact cheer for the heel. I've noticed that on topics concerning John Cena only about half of the contributers to the thread (who dislike Cena) have actual reasoning as to why they dislike Cena. This situation is kind of like Bret Hart's. I guess my real question isn't how can you boo Cena, but how can you cheer the bad guy especially R-Truth who is doing a very good job as a heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment